Second Chances Programme - WORC
Second Chances Programme
Benefits For An Employer Include:
- Apprentices may bring current technology and ideas from the classroom to the workplace, thereby increasing an organisation’s intellectual capital
- Customised training that results in highly skilled employees trained to industry/employer specifications
- Increased productivity and knowledge transfer due to on-the-job learning from an assigned mentor combined with related technical instruction
- Emphasis on safety training that may reduce workers' compensation costs
- A stable and predictable pipeline for the development of qualified workers
- Recognition of the training programme
- A systematic approach to training that ensures that employees are trained and certified to produce at the highest skill levels required for that occupation/trade/industry
- The ability to conduct a job-ready assessment of where the employer and employee are in terms of the continuous improvement process
- A proven training model that allows employers to set the benchmark and the structure that can determine the return on investment in training dollars
Industry Partner Salary SubsidyA subsidy is available to assist employers who require financial assistance to participate in the National Apprenticeship Programme for a maximum of six (6) months. If accessed, this subsidy can offset the costs related to wages, health insurance premiums and pension contributions.
Employers are responsible for determining the wage/salary and benefits offered to the apprentice they hire. Employers may identify industry-specific, globally recognised training opportunities for apprentices to be better equipped in their respective fields.
To Get Involved With The National Apprenticeship ProgrammeEmployers interested in offering apprenticeship opportunities should contact us by calling 945-9672 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
District Administration Building,
19 Kirkconnell Street,
Stake Bay, Cayman Brac
+1 (345) 948-2222